Patti's Triple Cranberry Sauce
This is a recipe my boss handed down to me, and I have made these cranberries for every Christmas and Thanksgiving for the last 10 years. I always pour this into a beautiful glass dish after it has cooled before it goes into the refrigerator. It has a beautiful look.
Servings per recipe: 10
Calories per serving: 134
Preparation time: 10m
Total cooking time: 2h 25m
- 1 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons minced orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice (optional)
- 1 Stir the cranberry juice concentrate and sugar together in a saucepan over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Mix in the fresh and dried cranberries, reduce heat to medium, and cook until the dried cranberries soften and the fresh ones pop, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 2 Mix in the orange marmalade, orange juice, orange peel, and allspice until thoroughly combined. Allow the cranberry sauce to cool completely. Pour into glass serving dish, cover, and chill until cold, at least 2 hours. Can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and refrigerated until serving.