LaWanna's Mango Salsa on Tilapia Fillets
A delicious fruity salsa topping to serve over fish or chicken, from a friend in Florida. I always use whatever that I have left in a mixed greens salad the next day. Use any kind of fish -- I use tilapia or salmon. The fish may also be grilled, which is what I prefer. If I can't find a good fresh pineapple, I will use canned pineapple tidbits.
Servings per recipe: 4
Calories per serving: 308
Preparation time: 30m
Total cooking time: 40m
- 1/2 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 pound strawberries, quartered
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and diced
- 1 large mango - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper blend
- 1 In a bowl, toss together the pineapple, strawberries, kiwifruit, mango, tomatoes, cilantro, and balsamic vinegar.
- 2 Spray a skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle tilapia fillets with seasoned pepper blend, and pan-fry until fish turns white and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve fish topped with salsa.