Green Chile Spinach Quiche
You can add other meats or veggies to suite your taste, and this quiche can be baked with or without pie shells. My whole family (ages 65 to 1) love this quiche! Sometimes I add a small package of chopped ham to the recipe.
Servings per recipe: 16
Calories per serving: 324
Preparation time: 10m
Total cooking time: 1h
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- 1 Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2 Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until smooth. Whisk in the flour mixture until no lumps remain. Stir in the Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cottage cheese, spinach, green chiles, and melted butter until evenly blended. Divide the mixture between the pie crusts.
- 3 Bake the quiches in the preheated oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C), then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking until the quiches are lightly browned and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.