Yam Taeng (Spicy Cucumber Salad)
- 3 cucumbers - peeled, seeded, and grated
- 3 tablespoons crushed dried shrimp
- 2/3 pound long beans, sliced thin and mashed
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 Thai chilies, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 Toss the cucumbers, dried shrimp, beans, and tomatoes together in a bowl.
- 2 Stir the Thai chilies, palm sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice together in a small bowl; pour over the cucumber mixture. Toss to combine. Adjust seasoning to your taste. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the mixture to serve.