Ham and Cheese Bowties
This is like homemade macaroni and cheese but with the fun bow tie pasta and hearty ham. While this makes perfect use of leftover ham, there usually aren't any leftovers when I serve this! My family gobbles it right up.
Servings per recipe: 6
Calories per serving: 508
Preparation time: 20m
Total cooking time: 45m
- 8 ounces farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 4 ounces cooked ham, julienned
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 3 In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Saute garlic 30 seconds. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until smooth. Pour in milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Stir in mustard and Colby. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and stir in pasta and ham.
- 4 Pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 5 Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbly and golden.