- 5 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Mash potatoes with a little of the cooking liquid. Set aside.
- 3 In a large skillet, cook ground beef until brown over medium-high heat. Drain fat from pan. Stir in mushrooms, mixed vegetables, mushroom soup, celery soup, and salt and pepper; heat through. Pour into prepared baking dish, cover with mashed potatoes, and dot with butter.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are golden and beef and vegetable mixture is hot and bubbly.