Suki's Spinach and Feta Pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach leaves, packed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic, and cook until golden brown. Mix in tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook 2 minutes more, until tomatoes are heated through and spinach is wilted. Reduce heat to medium, stir in pasta and feta cheese, and cook until heated through.