Southern Pimento Cheese
This wonderful version of pimento cheese can be used for grilled cheese sandwiches, as a spread for crackers, or served alongside your favorite fried green tomatoes.
Servings per recipe: 12
Calories per serving: 208
Preparation time: 10m
Total cooking time: 10m
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento, drained
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Place the Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, minced jalapeno, and pimento into the large bowl of a mixer. Beat at medium speed, with paddle if possible, until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.