Thai Cucumber Salad
This sweet and tangy summer salad of cucumber, cilantro, and peanuts with just a hint of heat is always a hit at picnics and potlucks since it doesn't need to be refrigerated and you're pretty much guaranteed to be the only one bringing this dish!
Servings per recipe: 4
Calories per serving: 238
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 45m
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 Toss the cucumbers with the salt in a colander, and leave in the sink to drain for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water, then drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2 Whisk together the sugar and vinegar in a mixing bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cucumbers, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro; toss to combine. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top before serving.