- 12 vanilla wafers
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, or flavor of choice
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Line muffin tins with 12 paper baking cups. Place a vanilla wafer in each one.
- 3 In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs, lemon juice, and sugar. Beat until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- 4 Fill each baking cup 2/3 full with cream cheese mixture.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes. Cool on a rack. Top with fruit pie filling. Pipe whipped cream or sweetened cream cheese into a rosette on top of each cheesecake just prior to serving, if desired.