Brie Cheese Appetizer
A light, fluffy puff pastry is filled with melted Brie cheese and hot fruit preserves. If you do not want a sweet wheel, you may substitute herbed cheese spread for the preserves. Baking times are the same for the substitution.
Servings per recipe: 8
Calories per serving: 286
Preparation time: 10m
Total cooking time: 40m
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel Brie cheese
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/2 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- 2 Slice one wheel of Brie cheese in half so you have 2 circles of cheese. Spread apricot or peach preserves on (the cut side) half of one circle of brie. Make sandwich out of the two halves of Brie, so that the preserves are in the center of both halves. Wrap the entire wheel of Brie with one sheet of puffed pastry and flip the entire concoction onto the prepared cooking sheet so the seam is on bottom. Brush the puffed pastry with the egg white.
- 3 Bake for 30 minutes, or until the pastry in golden brown. Serve immediately.