French Dip Sandwiches
Using a slow cooker to cook the meat to just-right tenderness, you too can serve a true French Dip to all of your friends and family during the cold winter nights! C'est si bon!
Servings per recipe: 10
Calories per serving: 372
Preparation time: 10m
Total cooking time: 12h 10m
- 1 (4 pound) boneless beef roast
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 20 slices French bread
- 1 Remove and discard all visible fat from the roast. Place trimmed roast in a slow cooker.
- 2 In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, bouillon, bay leaf, peppercorns, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder. Pour mixture over roast, and add enough water to almost cover roast. Cover, and cook on Low heat for 10 to 12 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- 3 Remove meat from broth, reserving broth. Shred meat with a fork, and distribute on bread for sandwiches. Used reserved broth for dipping.