Strawberry Romaine Salad I
For my wedding shower everyone brought a few recipes and this is one of my favorites. It is refreshing and pretty. This salad also travels well, just save the dressing and use it just before serving.
Servings per recipe: 6
Calories per serving: 257
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 15m
- 1 head romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 2 bunches fresh spinach - chopped, washed and dried
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 Bermuda onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, spinach, strawberries and sliced onion.
- 2 In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, milk and poppy seeds. Shake well and pour the dressing over salad. Toss until evenly coated.