Bodacious Broccoli Salad
This recipe is requested at every family gathering. Let it be your next dish that they crave! I like this dish to be prepared at least two hours before serving. Be sure to have copies of the recipe on hand, as everyone will ask for it!
Servings per recipe: 12
Calories per serving: 273
Preparation time: 15m
Total cooking time: 30m
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble.
- 2 In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, bacon and onion.
- 3 Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the red wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Combine dressing with salad. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.