Apricot-Glazed Pork Chops
This is a great recipe given to me by a close friend who never has enough time to cook for her family. It's quick and easy to prepare and cook, allowing you to have a yummy dinner on the table in no time. The sauce goes very well with a side of rice, too. Enjoy!
Servings per recipe: 4
Calories per serving: 359
Preparation time: 10m
Total cooking time: 20m
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup fruity white wine, such as Gewurztraminer
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 Mix the apricot preserves, wine, and ground ginger together in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2 Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until brown on each side, and no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chops from the skillet. Reduce heat to medium low. Using the same skillet, pour in the apricot preserves mixture and simmer until thickened, about 4 minutes. Return pork chops to the skillet, turning to coat each side in the sauce; cook 1 minute.