Barbecue Tofu Sandwiches
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
- 1 Drain the tofu between paper towels until most of the water has been squeezed out.
- 2 Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 3 Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet, fry tofu strips until golden brown on both sides. Add onion and cook for a few minutes, until onion is at your desired consistency.
- 4 Pour in barbeque sauce (use more or less, according to your taste). Cook the mixture for ten minutes on low and serve on buns.