Cranberry Swirl Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
- 2 In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the almond extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- 3 Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared tube pan. Swirl 1/2 of the cranberry sauce into the batter. Repeat, ending with the batter on top.
- 4 Bake 55 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.