Melt - In - Your - Mouth Shortbread
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Whip butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, cornstarch, and flour. Beat on low for one minute, then on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Drop cookies by spoonfuls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3 Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Watch that the edges don't brown too much. Cool on wire racks.