Blonde Brownies I
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- 2 Measure 1 cup sifted flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift again. Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Mix well and set aside.
- 3 Stir the brown sugar into the melted butter and mix well. Cool slightly.
- 4 Mix the beaten egg and vanilla into the brown sugar mixture. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing just until combined.
- 5 Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips on top. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.